Week 1 post 3: The folklore love triangle

    The Folklore love triangle changed the way I listened to Taylor Swift, and music altogether. It’s not a typical Taylor Swift story. It’s not about her or her relationships, and its certainly not designed to be a top hit. The love triangle, more than her other songs is a puzzle to be solved, a mystery to put together, and the way to put them together is by focusing on what she does best. Songwriting. It simultaneously emphasized her strengths while creating a new sound and direction for her music. Listeners needed to pay attention to what she was singing more than ever before, and personally, I found that after learning of all the little puzzles and clues in her music I focused on understanding and appreciating lyrics of a song in all music more than I did in the past. I think especially because this was released during covid when no one had anything better to do, it allowed for fans to find escapism into fantasy worlds through lyrics not just in Swift’s own music but from other artists as well. 

 

What other connections can be found in the triangle? 

Are there other hidden connections between songs on Folklore or connections to songs in past albums? 

Comments

  1. Does it help to watch the videos to catch the connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally don't feel like it's necessary. I find reading the lyrics next to each other instead of spaced out on the album makes it easy to piece together.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts